CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Lisbon, Portugal

Today is our last day in Lisbon. We arrived here from Madrid on an overnight train where we had our own little sleeper cabin with bunkbeds. That in itself was quite the experience! Our first day here, we took a day trip to a town just outside of Lisbon called Sintra where we saw the Pena National Palace. The surrounding gardens and park area were so beautiful and green. We spent our remaining time in Lisbon seeing such sights as the Discoveries Monument, Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery and the Ajuda National Palace. We leave tonight on another overnight train heading for Barcelona.

Us in the park of the Pena National Palace

Pena National Palace

Traci "exploring" the Discoveries Monument

Donovan in front of the Belem Tower

Jeronimos Monastery

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are absolutely amazing!!Thankyou again for the updated post.Remember Dr. Seus-"Oh the places you'll go)Love Mom Q

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, looks like you are having a good time. The pictures are sweet and that bull fight would have been cool, I'm jealous!
Those beaches look amazing, I so wish I was there too. Miss you guys tons, Love cyborg.

Kimberly Evans said...

Hey guys! It looks so beautiful there. Hope you're continuing to feel great...you always look amazing on your photos...hope everyday is everything you've imagined your trip to be.

Cassidy is cooing a little "hello" to you as I write this. Love you

Anonymous said...

yeah bunkbeds! wow so lush and green and beeeeautiful! and those building are sweet. I wish I was there too. and I know you wish I was there too. Cause there's nothing like a third wheel. love anonymous

Anonymous said...

Looks fun. So I heard that you got to strap yourself into bed on the train. How nice. Well, glad everything's going peachy. Talk to you soon!
Lisa

Leah said...

love the green t-shirts and green foliage.

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! When I look at your pictures, it looks so amazing it kinda looks like you must be in heaven! Hamiota is not as exciting so I enjoy looking at your blog and pretending to live vicariously through your trip! Sometime when you get home, I'd love to visit and see the whole story of pictures!